SAVFACT: I love to cook and bake! During Christmastime, I love sharing cookies, brownies, breads, and other baked goods with neighbors, friends, and even as favors for parties! I also enjoy trying new recipes! New recipes are usually found on Pinterest and I only “gift” the baked item if it turns out tasting delicious! LOL!
Buying gifts for everyone can get expensive and this little homemade gift is cheap, practical, and super cute! Here’s how to create these cookie presents:
1. Gather your packaging supplies.
- I love to get clear plastic treat bags from the dollar store to keep my baked goods together in one package. These bags are great for gifting cookies, breads, candies, etc! They also come in multiple designs and colors. The dollar store also sells festive zip-close sandwich bags in various sizes.
- You will also need a container. I’ve found many different containers at the dollar store that are plastic, paper, cardboard, and metal.
- I’ve also found cute ramekin containers at our local craft store.
- Here’s another photo of a few more containers that could be used for packaging baked goods.
2. Next, you’ll need to bake your desired cookies. Package the cooled goodies in plastic treat bags. Use twine to close bag. Note: At this point you can freeze your cookies (in this bag) until you are ready to gift them or share them with others.
3. Add a homemade tag created with cardstock, washi tape and a stamped sentiment.
4. Place cookie bag into snowman ramekin. Option: Cut cookie bag top down closer to twine and tag.
Bonus Idea: I also used a clear, self-sealing bag to hold individual cookies or a couple of cookies. I’ve used some red/black buffalo check washi tape, white ruffled cardstock, a stamped tag, and black twine to decorate this gift!
Gifting homemade baked goods is a great way to share your love during the holiday season (and stay on budget!)! Decorating these baked items doesn’t have to be hard or expensive. Simply add a cute container or a tag with some washi tape and you are all set!
Thanks so much for stopping by! Be blessed:)
Supplies: Snowman face mini ramekin from Michaels Stores; Be Merry stamp set and Gift Tags and ruffie dies from Paper Smooches; ink (VersaFine onyx black, Memento Luxe wedding dress, Brilliance rocket red/gamma green) from Imagine.