Hello, friends! 🙂 Savannah O’Gwynn here today, and I’m sharing a couple of easy Christmas cards that showcase washi tape as the main element. SAVFACT: I don’t normally send out Christmas cards. It’s usually because I’m lazy, we didn’t get a family photo, I’m working on projects for January, my stash of holiday cards are low (or non-existent), etc.
1. Create a card base using red or white cardstock.
2. Add some washi tape to white cardstock and die-cut various tree images multiple times. Note: You don’t have to use specific holiday-themed tape! You can use just green washi tape or black and white with a pop of neon!
3. Lay die-cut trees out on card base creating a large tree. Glue die cuts in place and add foam tape to at least three for dimension.
4. Stamp sentiment under tree design.
5. Add silver thread at top of card.
1. Grab your leftover die-cut tree images and glue them to a tag.
2. Stamp a sentiment on tag and add thread.
3. Attach tag to a small card using foam tape.
These cards were super easy to make! I hope to create at least 10 of each before December 15th. That will give me enough to send to friends and family this year for Christmas.
I hope that you are inspired by my washi tape die-cut tree cards and that you will try using some washi tape as your main element for your cards. You can die-cut almost any image from washi tape-covered cardstock! Christmas images could be trees, snowflakes, ornaments, a Santa hat, stockings, etc. I can’t wait to see what you create for your Christmas cards!
Thanks so much for stopping by! Be blessed.
Supplies: Holiday Cheer stamp set and dies (Gift Tags 3 # NOD-15-279 and Snow Drifts # DED-16-359) from Paper Smooches; VersaFine onyx black ink pad from Imagine; Holiday washi tape from Target.