Thank you for stopping by. I am pleased to be showing you a quick tutorial with a stamp set from one of my favorite stamping companies and one that I will be using a lot! My natural tendency when making cards is clean and simple. Hero Arts products are a gold mine when it comes to providing the best products for this style! That’s why they have quickly become a “must have” in my collection!
The supplies I used for this card project are:
- Sunshine Mix Layering Papers
- Color Layering Autumn Trees stamp set
- Ink pads: ombré, Autumn Blessings Layering mix (red royal, just rust, cocoa, tangerine)
- Stamping blocks
- Bone folder
1. Form a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2-inch card from darkest color of cardstock in Sunshine Mix.
2. Attach tree trunk stamp to stamping block. Apply cocoa ink to stamp and stamp image onto white cardstock.
3. There are three different stamps with different variations of leaves. One has a large amount of leaves, one has a moderate amount and the last has the least amount of leaves. For this step, use the stamp with largest amount of leaves. Attach stamp to stamping block. Apply ombré ink to stamp either vertically or horizontally based on the three ink pad strips contained in the ink pad. Stamp image onto cardstock as shown.
4. For this step, use stamp with moderate amount of leaves. Attach stamp to stamping block. Apply red royal ink to stamp. Stamp image on cardstock on top of first stamped leaves image to create a second dimension of colored leaves.
5. For this step, use stamp with least amount of leaves. Attach stamp to stamping block. Apply just rust and tangerine ink to stamp. Stamp image on cardstock on top of stamped leaves image to create a third dimension of colored leaves.
6. Attach “Autumn Blessings” stamp onto a stamping block. Apply red royal ink to stamp. Cut a small strip of cardstock slightly larger in width than cardstock used for focal image and approximately 1/2 inch in height. Stamp sentiment to center of small strip of cardstock.
7. Cut a piece of cardstock that is a shade lighter than base. This layer can be as wide as you like on all sides as long as it makes a proportionate layer and displays the color of the cardstock. Adhere focal image to colored layered cardstock. I am using the new Glue Dots adhesive tape runner. Adhere sentiment strip to bottom of focal image cardstock.
Paper, Stamp & Ink Chat