Hello everyone, CatherineÂ here to share a few tips on making QuickÂ and Easy Holiday Gifts.
For me, quick and easy means using supplies I have on hand which saves me the time of going to the craft store for missing items. Easy also means using my supplies in new and unique ways.Â QuickÂ and easy also meansÂ inexpensive so I tend to save scraps of paper and pick up cute little vintage things at yard sales earlier in the year with holiday crafting in mind.
My favorite things to create (besides cards) are Christmas ornaments and home decor items. Let me get started with sharing how I incorporate my paper crafting tools that I have into quickÂ and easyÂ ornaments and decorations your friends and family will love to receive!
Here you can see how I have incorporated these fun crafting ideas into one fun and pretty quick project. The only heavy lifting involved was having my Dad cut the wood houses out of scraps of 2×4’s.
- Wood houses
- Tissue paper: book text, sheet music
- White chipboard
- Glitter: clear, Martha Stewart Crafts (white gold)
- Tim Holtz Frozen Charlotte doll
- Momenta metal embellishments
- Vintage jello molds
- Wooden shapes: snowflakes, angel wings
- Gel medium
- Die-cutting machine
- Hot-glue gun
- Craft glue
- Sand all edges ofÂ wood house. Use gel medium to attach book paper toÂ front and back. AddÂ music sheet tissue paper over one side. Paint a quick layer of white gesso overÂ paper and let dry.
- WhileÂ house is drying, flattenÂ jello mold. Use a nail and hammer to punch a hole at top and bottom to secureÂ moldÂ toÂ house. (Alternatively, use a metal punch for a cleaner, larger hole.)
- Brush white craft glue overÂ wood snowflake and angel wings and cover with white gold glitter and let dry.
- Trim a piece of chipboard to use as a roof. Attach toÂ house with hot glue. Cover with clear glitter; let dry.
- AttachÂ jello mold toÂ house with nails. AddÂ embellishments with hot glue.
- Add a holiday sentiment toÂ other side if desired.
THANK you so much for joining me today—have a wonderful and safe Christmas season!