I needed a place to putÂ the tag on my card so I used a piece of watercolor paper and after spritzing it with water, I added two colors of Distress Stain. I love the dabber top on the Distress Stain because that makes it so easy to apply. IÂ then spread the ink around by rubbing an acrylic block over it whichÂ resulted in twoÂ sideways smears.Â When working with these inks, you’ll want to let them dry completely.Â You can use aÂ heatÂ tool to speedÂ up the process butÂ I think it has a little more character when it dries on its own.Â Once the stain was dry, I cut this panel using a frame die that has little stitch lines on it.
I finished off the tagÂ with someÂ ribbon. Instead of trying to tie it, I just used a stapler.Â This was fast and easy and added another little interesting piece to the tag.Â I then cut out the lips and attached them withÂ foam tape.Â IÂ like adding a little dimension somewhere and foam tape is the perfect way to do that.
Be sure to look around at the simple things for new inspiration!
Supplies used: Watercolor paper from Strathmore Artist Papers;Â lip stamp from American Crafts; Distress Stain (candied apple and picked raspberry) from Ranger Industries Inc.; ribbon from May Arts Ribbon; Tag Me die fromÂ Reverse Confetti; Finished Frames die (#D-03-18)Â fromÂ Avery Elle; Stamping Solutions cartridge and cutting machines from Cricut.